Thursday, March 25, 2010

This is NOT the suburbs

I was sitting on my couch watching CNN and reading my new book "The Pleasures of Cooking for One" by James Beard Award winner Judith Jones, when a weird sound reached my ears. Clop, clop, clop. I checked the TV. It wasn't CNN. They were reporting baby sling recalls and asking for people to call in on whether the video of Shamu playing (aka killing) his human prison guard should be released to the public.

Clop...clop...clop. The sound was getting louder, more cloppy and making me nervous. My cottage sits high above the ground while my couch faces the street. I can literally look out the window and see the neighborhood from 2 sides. So it really startled me to see women sort of floating across my windows. The clopping sound was coming from the horses they were riding...heading to the beach. Now that is not a sight you see often. I am SO not in the suburbs anymore. My dog and I just watched from my porch as they went by cloppity clop.

I was tempted to yell out the line from Old Spice, "Look down...back up. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice....I'm on a horse."

No comments: